Delicious chicken cooking!
I made this to bring to a barbecue at a coworker's house yesterday, but then he forgot to bring it home with him from work so I took it and we fired up the grill at home tonight instead. This is a new one for me and it's so good!
Fiona's Phenomenal Green Chicken
Recipe adapted from the Nom Nom Paleo™ app for the iPad
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1¼ cups packed basil leaves
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and stems
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves
- 3 peeled garlic cloves
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 4 tablespoons of Paleo-friendly fish sauce
- Zest from 1 lime
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Peel and coarsely chop the onion. Wash and dry your herbs. Put the onion, cilantro, basil, mint, garlic, black pepper, apple juice, red pepper, fish sauce, and lime in a blender. Purée the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a gallon-size plastic bag. Pour in the marinade and squeeze out the air in the bag before sealing. Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, and up to a day.