Friday, July 19, 2013

Paleo Orange Chicken

I have a friend at work who is very fit and follows a mostly paleo diet. We talk about nutrition and exercise, and shes a good person to go out to lunch with because I'm less tempted to eat something I womt enjoy long-term. She also has a blog, and after hunting through her archives I decided to make a recipe I found there. I tweaked it a little, so here is my version:

Paleo Spicy Orange Chicken

Serves 4

  • 1lb chicken thighs
  • 1 bunch of green onions cut up
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tangelos (or oranges or tangerines) (zest one, juice them both)
  • 2tsp fresh ground/zested ginger
  • 1tsp siracha
  • 1tp Worchestor Sauce (or if you don’t have a soy allergy like me, Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
  • 2 tbs coconut oil
  • Dash of red pepper (optional)
  • Spinach

Cut up raw chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Heat Coconut Oil in a pan and add garlic, green onions, and chicken thighs (if you like spicy things add the red pepper).

Add zest from Tangelo, juice from Tangelo, Ground Ginger, Siracha and Worchester sauce to a separate pan. Put on low simmer, stirring occasionally.

Once chicken has cooked add it to the orange sauce. Cook a bit longer for about two minutes. Then pour chicken and sauce onto a bed of spinach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment