Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blondeez Not Quite Daily Diary Thursday--Saturday

Another busy couple days in the books.  I've been part time at my firm for a couple of years now and that means that it's more like a "regular" full-time job most weeks, but big things are happening in my cases so I've been putting in a little more time working than usual. 

Thursday:
Breakfast at home was yogurt with honey again.  Since I spend three mornings a week exercising with a friend at work first thing, I tend to buy/make enough of one portable breakfast and one to eat at home for the work week.  So you can probably guess what I ate on Friday morning, right?  I'll make a different kind of hot cereal and maybe do smoothies at home next week.

Lunch was leftover crab salad on a hoagie roll, since we were out of salad greens and I'm trying (not all that successfully) to make lunch my most substantial meal.  More granola for a snack, and the work day wrapped up before I could blink an eye.  By the time I got home, I was exhausted and then discovered we were missing ingredients for dinner.  So when CJ suggested pizza, I said sure.

Friday:
Maple spiced oatmeal with currants kicked off the day, and after that the whole day sort of went to crap, food-wise.  I am not interested in turning this blog into some sort of food confessional, so let's just say I did some stress eating and none of it was delicious enough to mention.

Saturday:
I decided to have a little more substantial breakfast this morning because I went to an introduction to CrossFit class at 11, so I didn't want to be hungry.  The kid and I had a little picnic in the living room; I had yogurt with granola and honey, and the kid had whole wheat toast with peanut butter:




After my crossfit intro (lots of talking, some instruction on form, and then one cardio set that took me 10 minutes) I came home and had the last of my crab salad with avocado and mango.  Along with an enormous mug of water, that kept me going through hanging with the kid and doing a little work in the afternoon.

By the time dinner rolled around, I was getting really hungry, so I heated up artichoke mashed potatoes and added some nitrate free deli turkey, a green salad, and roasted broccolini (aka baby broccoli).  No recipes really, but the broccolini was new to me so I googled a bit and settled on roasting as the preferred cooking method.  I tossed the veg with olive oil, lemon juice, and Garlic and Wine Seasoning and threw in the oven at 300 degrees F for about 15 minutes.  Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment